Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2012

D.I.Y PROJECT: Custom Cork Board

I love do it yourself projects, almost everything in my house has been rigged up or customized to add some homemade flare.
I needed something over my desk in my office to pin orders, business cards, important reminders etc...But I hate plain old cork boards so instead I got creative and came up with this...

All you need is a cork board, pencil, scissors, saw, cool vintage fabric, frame for needle point stitching. 

This needle point frame I found at Goodwill for $4.99


First you need to trace the frame on your cork board with a pencil.

Cut the cork board with a skill saw, drape your fabric of choice over cut board and frame.

Cut remaining fabric and glue or staple edges of fabric to cork.

And there you go, pretty nifty huh?

I got creative with this one by using the pocket from a vintage apron I found at Salvation Army.You can use it to store pens, scissors...the possibilities are endless.


RE-USE
RE-VITALIZE
RE-PURPOSE

That's my mantra baby...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment