Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Feet firmly planted


When I was little as far young as I can remember anyway, I loved to walk around barefoot.
It didn't matter how cold it was, my mom would chase me around the house screaming "Daniela get your slippers on your going to get sick.
I'd run and hide, she eventually get the tippies on but as soon as she was out of site off with the slippers.
I just loved the feeling of the grass under my toes. The grip that only bare feet could give, allowed me to dance and run on hardwood floor without chancing a slip or missing a beat was electrifying.
Not to mention my feet would get hot and clammy in slippers EEEWWWW gross.

Now that I'm getting older its a different story......

Click to show "Slippers" result 13

I have about 6 pairs and I wear them all faithfully.
The feeling of hardwood floor on my bare feet makes me cringe, and I have a panic attack if my slippers are not under my bed when I step out of my cozy slumber.
They freeze instantly and cramp to the point where they lock in a painful arthritic way that I have to literally rub the circulation back in.
Oh the trials and tribulations of aging.....

So now my youngest son has inherited my love of bare feet, and guess what I do? Chase him around the house yelling " get your slippers on, you'll catch a cold".

Just thought I'd share

No comments:

Post a Comment