Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

From Toddlers to Teenagers





There are certain emotions that only a parent can ever know. The
overwhelming love you feel the first time you see your new
baby... the bursting pride when your child takes those first few
brave steps...

And the complete embarrassment of listening to your 2-year-old
throw a loud, obnoxious tantrum in the middle of a busy
restaurant!

As parents, we all love our kids. But, if we're being completely
honest with ourselves, there are definitely certain things about
the way our children behave that we'd all like to change.

I spent a lot of years frustrated with the fact that my children
just didn't seem to listen. I'd ask them 2 or 3 times to get
their shoes and coats on so that we could leave the house, for
example, but they usually wouldn't respond until I got mad and
started yelling. By then, at least one of the kids would be
crying, which meant getting them out the door would take even
longer.

NOT a fun way to start the day...

I spend months trying to change their behavior -- with almost
no success. I thought I'd tried everything, but then I did
something completely different.

I changed *MY* behavior... and things improved almost instantly!

This led to a dramatic about-face in the way I dealt with all
kinds of behavior challenges with my children.
Stock Photography - idle male teenagers  hanging out together.  fotosearch - search  stock photos,  pictures, wall  murals, images,  and photo clipart

Just thought I'd share what I've learnt I've been a mom for over 16
years.
I think I've learnt a thing or two....

No comments:

Post a Comment