Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Tribute to our 1st Anniversary








Although my husband and I have been together for over 18 years, its only today we celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

We met when I was only 17 and the moment I laid eyes on D I said to myself this is the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with, nothing has changed except I love him more now.

This time last year we finally got married.

I got pregnant with my oldest son when I was 19, our parents insisted we get married.
D and I felt it was not right to marry just because we were pregnant. It didn't feel right, we felt pushed and bullied. It was what they wanted not us.

So we explained to our family when were ready, don't push us...

So it was last year that my husband got down on his knees and proposed he felt the time was right...

We began planning our nuptials....
All of a sudden although we rarely argue it was non stop arguments.
The stress of making everyone happy, the financial stress, venue's, catering all this began to take toll on our relationship.

My husband came home from work one day after a conversation prior with me crying for some reason.
He pulled me aside wiped my tears and said " my angel this is what we were trying to avoid I don't want to see you like this SCREW it all lets just take off to Vegas"

I replied OKAY!

That was that...We flew to Vegas with 4 of our closest friends got hitched and we've never regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment